| Adult Literacy, Remedial Education, and GED Teachers and Instructors - Occupational - adult literacy remedial english


adult literacy remedial english

Most states require adult literacy and high school equivalency diploma teachers to have at least a bachelor’s degree. Although a bachelor’s degree in any field is acceptable, some employers, such as community colleges, prefer to hire those with a master’s degree or graduate coursework in adult education or English as a second language (ESL).

An adult literacy or remedial education teacher is expected to meet certain criteria when employed by the state they work. For example, many states require an adult educator to obtain a teaching license, while others accept a certificate or training classes.

Teaching Adults Resources: Online teaching resources list from Literacy Works Chicago. Resources include Adult Learner Websites, Computer Skills and more.